Don G. Burrell is one of the founding partners of Magellan Law Group. Don started his law practice in Langley over 25 years ago. In his solicitor’s practice, he focuses on residential real estate conveyancing and mortgages, land use, corporate and business law, commercial banking and wills and estates. His clients include individuals, small businesses and closely-held corporations, as well as lenders and most credit unions, banks, mortgage investment corporations and other lending institutions.
Don was born and raised in British Columbia; he attended UBC earning a Bachelor of Commerce degree in 1980 and a Bachelor of Laws degree in 1981. He was admitted to the British Columbia Bar in 1982. With a strong interest in the real estate industry, Don earned a Diploma in Urban Land Economics from the Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration at UBC (now the Sauder School of Business). Pursuing his keen interest in the real estate industry, Don held senior management positions with the Real Estate Division at the University of British Columbia from 1990 to 1994.
Don also cycles for both pleasure and fundraising, and is an enthusiastic participant on Team Magellan in the annual 200 km bicycle Trek for the BC Lung Association. When time permits he also enjoys travel and scuba diving – and preferably combing the two.
- British Columbia, 1982
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION OR DISTINCTIONS
- The Stanley W. Hamilton Award, 1990
- The Real Estate Institute of British Columbia, 1990
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of British Columbia, 1980
- Bachelor of Laws, UBC, 1981
- Diploma Urban Land Economics, UBC, 1990
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- Real Estate Institute of British Columbia
- Author, final editor, legal content of course materials and examination questions, Real Estate Division, Faculty of Commerce, UBC, 1990 to 1994
- Lecturer, Real Estate Division, Faculty of Commerce, UBC, 1990 to 1994