Corporate Legal Administrative Assistant
Magellan Law Group, conveniently located in Langley’s downtown core, is a leading full-service law firm offering innovative and strategic legal advice to businesses in the Fraser Valley and Lower Mainland. Having previously practised at major national and regional law firms, our lawyers and staff pride themselves in providing exceptional legal services in a down-to-earth and forward-thinking manner.
We are seeking to add a full-time corporate legal administrative assistant to our team. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of corporate experience with strong prioritization skills and the ability to multi-task.
Offering competitive compensation, this is a great opportunity to become part of our extraordinary legal team in one of the fastest growing markets in BC.
Duties and responsibilities
- Client correspondence, booking appointments and client interaction;
- Maintaining an efficient file management and bring forward system;
- Maintaining calendars, emails and generally managing lawyers’ practices;
- Corporate filings and registrations, including incorporations;
- Assistance with completion of all types of corporate transactions;
- Document assembly and preparation of electronic document briefs; and
- General office administrative tasks given from time to time.
- 2+ years’ experience relevant to corporate law and procedures;
- Diploma or certificate from an accredited legal assistant or paralegal program and/or successful career history in the role of a corporate legal assistant;
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage priorities in a fast paced environment;
- Superb communication and writing skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Strong sense of initiative; and
- In-depth computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel).
*Working knowledge of ALF, PC Law, Worldox or Time Matters is an asset.
Magellan provides extraordinary service by delivering a full range of legal services including those relating to the buying, selling and operating of businesses; the incorporation of companies and the formation of other legal structures; tax, wills and estate planning; the purchasing, selling and re-financing of residential and commercial properties; commercial and estate litigation; intellectual property; and alternative dispute resolution.
If you are looking for a fulfilling and challenging career within a dynamic organization, please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your experience and salary expectations by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com