The Corporate Legal Assistant will be responsible for providing legal administrative and clerical support to the lawyers in the Corporate Commercial department.
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparation of corporate legal documents;
- Document assembly and preparation of electronic document briefs;
- Assistance with completion of all types of corporate transactions;
- Corporate filings and registrations;
- Preparing and drafting various correspondence;
- Maintaining an efficient file management and bring forward system;
- Maintaining calendars, email management and generally managing lawyers’ practices;
- Client correspondence, booking appointments, client interaction; and
- File management and oversight and general office administrative tasks given from time to time.
- Minimum of three years’ related experience;
- Diploma or certificate in accredited legal assistant or paralegal program and/or successful career history in the role of a corporate legal assistant;
- Strong computer skills including exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Ability to demonstrate extraordinary client-focused service;
- Demonstrated success working as a member of a team; and
- Working knowledge of PC Law, Worldox and Time Matters is an asset. Magellan Law Group is an innovative, client-centric and forward-thinking law firm located in Langley, B.C. While we focus on clients in Langley, Surrey and Abbotsford, we also serve clients throughout the Lower Mainland.
- Please provide a resume along with salary expectations. Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Magellan provides extraordinary service by delivering a full range of legal services including those relating to the buying, selling and operating of businesses; the incorporation of companies and the formation of other legal structures; tax, wills and estate planning; the purchasing, selling and re-financing of residential and commercial properties; commercial and estate litigation; intellectual property; and alternative dispute resolution.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com