Jennifer R. Loeb has a varied legal practice with a focus on litigation. Jennifer joined Magellan Law Corporation after practicing for many years in busy downtown Vancouver law firms. She has represented clients in Provincial Court, Supreme Court, the Court of Appeal and at various tribunals. Jennifer’s experience includes real estate, property tax appeals, construction, shareholders’ disputes, estates, with specialties in employment law, commercial litigation, and insurance.
- Represented shareholder in derivative action on behalf of company, including allegations of improper transfer of company assets.
- Successfully defended the First Nation’s Executive Director and members of Band Council against allegations of conspiracy and defamation brought by ex-Chief.
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit and appeal brought by occupants of rental property against landlord alleging that the landlord’s failure to ensure that properly working smoke alarms were installed in their rental unit caused them personal injury following a fire that substantially destroyed the property
- Represented employer in lawsuit brought by former director for wrongful dismissal following an investigation into allegations of sexual harassment made by employees of the company against the former director.
- Provided recommendations to healthcare client on privacy and record keeping issues and policies.
- Conducted investigation on behalf of post-secondary institution into allegations of sexual assault and breach of code of ethics made by student.
- Defense of personal injury claims arising from motor vehicle accidents including; orthopedic injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and psychological disorders.
- Represented insurance company in bad faith lawsuit brought by insured for first party benefits following catastrophic motor vehicle accident.
- British Columbia, 2007
- Bachelor of Laws, University of British Columbia, 2003
- Certificate in Natural Resources Law, University of British Columbia, 2003
- Fellowship at the World Wildlife Fund, Washington DC, 2004
Memberships and Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- Elected Member at Large, Canadian Bar Association, Labour and Employment Law Section, 2020-2021
- Member Auto Insurance Working Group, British Columbia Branch of Canadian Bar Association, 2020-2021